Just Released: Blackboard 8+ CAS SSO Custom Authentication Module, from Western Illinois University.
This CAS SSO Module for Blackboard 8+ is intended to replace the previous CAS SSO authentication module for WebCT Vista 4+ once made available at http://devnet.webct.com, and later moved in 2007 to the project space on Oscelot GForge at http://projects.oscelot.org/gf/project/wct-cas/.
This module is a complete rewrite of its predecessor. It is a complete Maven 2 project with the following features:
- Supports CAS 2.0 and CAS 1.0 protocols. This is configurable via the module's configuration page in Blackboard.
- Supports a Nulled Trust Manager configuration. This is, SSL Cert CA Trust can be turned off or on via the module's configuration page in Blackboard.
- Provides for an audit log via Blackboard's Log4j configuration. Every user-attempted authentication via the module can be logged. Since it is implemented via Log4j, the audit messages can be logged to a database, or remote logging server.
- The cas-client subproject, used by the module, is a minimal CAS client library that can be used in any Java application to help with managing validation with a CAS server. It does not require any 3rd-party library dependencies.
- Though not tested, the module should also work in WebCT 4.2.1
Source code and compiled binaries are available for download from the project's web site. A complete installation guide is also available online.
This Blackboard 8.0 CAS SSO Custom Authentication Module is created, distributed, and supported by Western Illinois University.